count down to christmas

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New soup for me...

Tonight I was wanting something different..... I had just recently had white bean with chicken chili.  I really liked it. So I was thinking about trying to make it.   I had no recipe so I looked online. Found some recipes that sounded ok.  I just decided to make it the way I wanted it...Below is my recipe, and it is delicious....
White Bean/Chicken Chili
1 Tablespoon of Oil
1 Medium Onion (diced)
2 cans of Chicken Broth
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
8 small chicken tenderloins
1 Quart white northern beans
1/4 to 1/2 tea. rosemary
1/4 to 1/2 tea. thyme
1/4 to 1/2 tea. oregano
Boil Chicken tenderloins until completely done.  While the chicken is cooking , heat Oil in large pasta pan. Add  diced onions. Cook onions until they turn glossy. The pan will have a brown carmel look. To this,  pour in both cans of chicken broth, rotel tomatoes, qt. of white northern beans and the herbs.  Add the chicken when it is done. Let all ingredients simmer about 30 minutes.. Now dip you up a bowl and add a spoonful of sour cream. This makes it delicious..

No comments: