count down to christmas

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year

Hope everyone is having a great new year.  I have had some time to sew so I think that is a great way to start off the new year.  I am working on a quilt called "Country Spirit".  Here is the site for the pattern        http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/details.html?idx=13201   
  I am putting my rows together. I will post pics of mine soon.  It is a very easy quilt.  One that I enjoy. One doesn't have to piece quilts that are extremely hard for them to turn out pretty. Don't you agree?   I used thimbleberry fabrics with a cream for the sashing and a barn red for the stars. It is coming together great.
     In Dec. I pieced a table topper for my coffee table. I have finished piecing the top but never got a chance to get it quilted. It is scrappy also.
     Also I made my granddaughter a bed set (bed ruffle, mattress cover, pillow case and little quilt)  for her doll bed that her great grandmother made her for christmas.  Stay tuned.... for pics........

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Thanks! I just downloaded the pattern. This will be great for Quilts of Valor quilts.