count down to christmas

Monday, June 25, 2012

ugly quilt

 This quilt is called my ugly quilt. I made the nine patches and took them with me to the quilt shop and was looking for fabric to go with them. Shop owner advised that I needed something with lots of color to blend the nine patches together. Ok, I thought...After all she is the shop owner and does this everyday. So..thinking what do I know....  So I took her advise and bought the fabric and finished the quilt, the whole time not really happy. But, thinking oh this will turn out fine in the end.  Not......This is my most ugliest quilt I have ever made. This is not me at all.  Lesson learned is........go with my gut feeling next time and just say..oh those arent colors I like and find something that suits me not quilt shop owner. I know she was just trying to help but next time I am just gonna go in there like I know what I want and if I don't like the end result that I picked out who will be to blame but ME. :)  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

If you don't like it, you can always donate it.